Ticking off Breast Cancer collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that Ticking off Breast Cancer collects, by itself or through third parties, there are:
- Usage Data
- First & Last name
- Email address
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
- Billing & Shipping Address
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using Ticking off Breast Cancer.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by Ticking off Breast Cancer is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for Ticking off Breast Cancer to provide its services. In cases where Ticking off Breast Cancer specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through Ticking off Breast Cancer and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
How your data is kept secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- We store your Data on secure servers and all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All transactions are processed through the gateway provider Stripe to complete your purchase, then Stripe stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: .
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the Data.
The Data processed is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to The Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Ticking off Breast Cancer (administration, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes.
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject to;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owners operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organisation governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfil such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by us within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Ticking off Breast Cancer may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Ticking off Breast Cancer may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow Ticking off Breast Cancer to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes:
Analytics, Handling payments, Contacting the User, Interaction with external social networks and platforms, SPAM protection, Access to third-party accounts and Registration and authentication.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
The permissions asked are the following:
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
Provides access to the User’s primary email address.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
WordPress Stats (Automattic Inc.)
WordPress Stats is an analytics service provided by Automattic Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Contacting the User
Contact form (Ticking off Breast Cancer)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorises Ticking off Breast Cancer to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name and last name.
Payment processing services enable Ticking off Breast Cancer to process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means. To ensure greater security, Ticking off Breast Cancer shares only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction.
Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
Stripe (Stripe Inc)
Stripe is a payment service provided by Stripe Inc.
This type of service analyses the traffic of Ticking off Breast Cancer, potentially containing Users’ Personal Data, with the purpose of filtering it from parts of traffic, messages and content that are recognised as SPAM.
Google reCAPTCHA (Google Ireland Limited)
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Further information about Personal Data
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may inquire with the Owner to find out which rights apply to them.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to Ticking off Breast Cancer through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by Ticking off Breast Cancer as early as possible and always within one month.
Applicability of broader protection standards
While most provisions of this document concern all Users, some provisions expressly only apply if the processing of Personal Data is subject to broader protection standards.
Such broader protection standards apply when the processing:
- is performed by an Owner based within the EU;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and is related to the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services, to such Users;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and allows the Owner to monitor such Users’ behaviour taking place in the EU.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Ticking off Breast Cancer does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Ticking off Breast Cancer in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Ticking off Breast Cancer or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that Ticking off Breast Cancer may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, Ticking off Breast Cancer and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with Ticking off Breast Cancer (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from Ticking off Breast Cancer at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
Ticking off Breast Cancer does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Ticking off Breast Cancer shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through Ticking off Breast Cancer (or third-party services employed in Ticking off Breast Cancer), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use Ticking off Breast Cancer, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using Ticking off Breast Cancer who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of Ticking off Breast Cancer. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of Ticking off Breast Cancer.
Ticking off Breast Cancer (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by Ticking off Breast Cancer as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small sets of data stored in the User’s device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest updated: March 3rd, 2021